[Linux-aus] Fwd: Redefine Engineering: Invitation to Link Festival 2016

Janet Reid lucychili at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:49:21 AEDT 2016

Thought this might be of interest?

======================

EWB respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Country on
which we work.

*Redefine Engineering with EWB Australia *

Engineering - ɛndʒɪˈnɪərɪŋ/

noun - 'the action of working artfully to bring something about’

At EWB Australia we are redefining engineering.

We realised that to create real impact and lasting social change we need to
break down the perceptions and cliches of our profession.

That's why we created Link Festival.  A collaboration between designers and
doers, entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, architects and engineers.  Link
Festival is for anyone interested in working towards social change.

Engineering is about inspiration and agency, as well as skills. It's not
just a profession it's about people.  Come to Link Festival, help us
redefine engineering and create a world of opportunity for all.

*The Program*

Check out speakers and times for both Melbourne (7-8 March) & Sydney (11
March) sessions.
Speakers include Amina Horozic (fuse project) & Kyra Maya Phillips (the
Misfit Economy) &
Sally-Ann Williams (Google Australia).

Check Out the Program
http://www.linkfestival.com.au/program/melbourne/

Get Tickets
http://www.ewb.org.au/explore/festival-registration/1
(Link Festival 2015 sold out.)

*About Link Festival *

Held for almost a decade as EWB Australia's Annual National Conference,
Link Festival was developed when we realised that to create profound social
change we must engage and collaborate with like minded professions, groups
and people.  Since 2013 Link Festival has been the manifestation of this
and will continue as our flagship event in the future.

Engineers WIthout Borders Australia
PO Box 708
North Melbourne VIC 3051