[Linux-aus] What's the real story about Shellshock and Bash and vulnerabilities in Linux and OpenSource?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Sep 28 13:36:24 EST 2014

I'd like to have command line options specifying the names of all functions and environment variables that may be inherited.  Bash could default to the current behavior but cgi-bin scripts etc could disable most variables etc.

Or just have bash check argv [0] and if it's name is "sbash" just disable most such functionality.
--
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with K-9 Mail.