[Linux-aus] enum in /etc/magic

Stewart Smith stewart at flamingspork.com
Thu Jun 19 22:31:21 EST 2014

Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> writes:
>> On 15 June 2014 20:50, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
>> > I've got an enum in a data structure that I'd like to display in the
>> > output of
>> > file(1).
>> >
>> > 0       beshort                 0xfe01          MySQL table definition
>> > file

Just FYI, there's a whole range of numbers that are for dynamic engines,
the details of which I can't remember of the top of my head... but
basically, since 5.0-ish (maybe before), there also should be a string
of the engine in the FRM rather than just the magic number (but the
magic number is used in places in the code... because the code is
ancient and awful).

--
Stewart Smith