[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 03 June 2014

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Jun 16 11:38:11 EST 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:12:22 Michael Still wrote:

>> Additionally, I think it means we
>> need to start collecting written documents for presentation, which
>> isn't something our speakers have been historically interested in
>> doing. Perhaps I'm wrong though.
>
> Would such written documents get read?

It is my understanding that it is a standard part of academic
conferences to collect written papers for each speaker. These are then
published in proceedings and count as publication for the purposes of
tracking your career output. In other words, I think being an
"academic conference" requires this. Its one of the reasons LCA hasn't
ever been excited about this.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia