[Linux-aus] LCA attendance

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Sun Jun 1 12:16:48 EST 2014

Hi Russell,

The capacity of the venue usually sets this ceiling but sometimes the
organisers also decide to cap it at X amount even if their venue can
cater for more in order to keep the feel of the conference.

However, unless an LCA announces it has sold out there is often still
room for more! 2014 wasn't an anomaly as few LCA's have actually
enforced a cap (to my knowledge).

So yes, we could all be promoting the conference to our friends and
colleagues as they are all welcome. The organisers usually do as an
"extreme promotion of LCA" as they can but are often limited in
resources (so the more help the better!).

Cheers,
Josh