[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

matt matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Tue Jan 21 16:30:20 EST 2014

I too had thought of "photography free zones" but only after watching
this discussion so I agree with Luke that expanding these to other
conference areas would be problematic.

I think the "photography free zones"  would be easy to setup. All you
would do is look at what seats are included in the wide shot of the
video cameras and then mark those seats as such. If they aren't it would
be easy for someone to ask if they would be in a shot where they are
sitting.

For the Key note that might be able to be done. However if that can't
can't be done then at least we should let people know this and try our
best only to get a very crowd which would make identifying anyone hard.

In any room if you do ask a question and your aren't in one of the pfzs
then you should expect to get the full zoom treatment. Of course this
should be well publicized including notices on the wall.

What ever is done as far as photos are concerned we need to have clear
rules so that both delegates and volunteers know what is and is not
acceptable. Especially the awesome av volunteers who have enough on
their plates trying to get great videos.

Matt Franklin