[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Pomke Nohkan pomke at pomke.com
Tue Jan 21 12:54:10 EST 2014

Just to add my thoughts, I don't want people photographing me
individually at cons or in small groups of 2-3, why? without going too
deep into reasons it can cause trouble at work, to people being fired,
or lead to abuse online for people of particular minority groups. In a
crowd of 50 though I wouldn't have a problem unless someone decides to
tag me.. Which brings me to the flipside of photos: tagging on
facebook, shout-outs on twitter etc.  While I wouldn't object to being
an anonymous face in a crowd photo I would strongly object to being
tagged in it.

Best wishes,

Pomke