[Linux-aus] Photos at conferences

Michael Cordover la at mjec.net
Tue Jan 21 11:30:19 EST 2014

I have a few thoughts:

1. LA shouldn't worry about what the law is. As a lawyer working in this
field I can tell you it's complicated and in many areas unclear. Not to
mention the significant differences across jurisdictions.

2. LA shouldn't worry about how hard it is to enforce whatever policy it
resolves to implement. People who don't wish to comply with the policy
won't and there's nothing that can be done.

It's pretty clear that this is an issue for some people. The role of LA and
the LCA organising committee should be to come up with a consistent way of
dealing with this. I think Pete's thought about a privacy policy is a good
one. Let's determine what we think good practice would be and document it.
People should understand going in what their responsibilities are. Most
problems arise because people have inaccurate expectations or are not
well-informed (those two go hand-in-hand). Those are issues we can resolve.

That's just my two cents.

Michael