[Linux-aus] Linux Research

Geoff Isaac geofhazel7 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jan 20 18:24:20 EST 2014

Hi Linux Australia,
As a long-term member of Pine Rivers Computer Club Inc. I have taken up
a challenge to research Linux in an effort to overcome the
sodden-following of Microsoft members who just seem to think Linux is
just a foreign language.
Am having some success as having been on this exercise since last July;
tried Ubuntu but now have a liking for Linux Mint series, am now seek
additional advice and help to bolster my enthusiasm.  Is there a Linux
Users Group in Brisbane area.  I live in Kallangur!
While starting out many moons ago with Windows, have progressed to 'Open
use' computer system while XP based.  I have always been prepared to go
against the norm to expand ideas in computing.
Luckily, our current President does have some Linux-background and has
been most helpful. 'We' are gradually getting members to look at Our
screens on monthly Workshop days and surprise; surprise, I am receiving
a few questions as a result.
With over 250 members and mainly windows-associated over the Years, our
President suggested all this Linux stuff to me as a way of introducing
new thinking into the Club.
So, HELP please!  Can you assist me?
regards Geoff Isaac member #422

-----