[Linux-aus] LCA2015

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sat Jan 18 19:32:14 EST 2014

On 01/18/2014 06:42 AM, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> It's been under the org.au space because Linux.conf.au
> <http://Linux.conf.au> had been known to disappear randomly.

The Linux.conf.au domain name was grandfathered to Linux Australia about
3 years ago. Certainly when it was with KRE it would disappear
(variously either due to either miscommunications with KRE or accidental
misconfiguration of the DNS zone) , but I'm not aware of any time since
April 2011 that it's 'disappeared'. The usual ZK grumpiness has led to
the machine not responding, but the namespace has been active since it
was grandfathered.

We haven't done any of the year based subdomains under l.c.a as the
naming convention has been always* been <year>.linux.org.au.

Regards

Steve

*a previous member of the admin team did year entries for archived LCA
sites, which has probably confused matters somewhat. We've scheduled a
review of the various LA zone files for later this year, so we might
duplicate the current l.o.a naming to the l.c.a namespace at that point.