[Linux-aus] ArkPak 12V/240V Battery Box hacks

Kevin Maciunas kevin at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Mon Jan 13 10:11:24 EST 2014

On 13/01/14 09:21, Peter Lawler wrote:

>> The cheapest source of suitable widgets
>> is probably the Arduino form factor kit - the ATMega controllers are
>> 12bit analogue which is probably enough to figure depth of discharge.
>
> Top idea, 99! I blame poor coffee for not thinking of that earlier
> (*see above)
>
> Thanks, greatly appreciated :)
>

> Pete.

Since the inverter is in the "toy" category - only 150Watts - rather
than lots of kVA check out the hall effect current devices.  You can use
a trivial resistive divider for the volts, but the current is a bit more
problematic.  150W means it is going to be under 30A - so the simple
widgets that companies like Pololu make that use the ACS714 hall effect
current sensor would work.

You could go buy one of those and a Freetronics Arduino board and you're
basically good to go and it is all plug and play :)  Which is nice -
almost no soldering!!! :)

/Kevin

Kevin J. Maciunas              Net: kevin at cs.adelaide.edu.au
Dept. of Computer Science      Ph : +61 8 8313 5845
University of Adelaide         Fax: +61 8 8313 4366
Adelaide 5005 SOUTH AUSTRALIA  Web: http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~kevin
Fingerprint = 7E5A A0C2 22BC 5993 17F2 93CE B1FD DEC6 D0C0 50CD