[Linux-aus] Special support for women

Andrew Pam andrew at sericyb.com.au
Wed Oct 30 10:43:13 EST 2013

On 30/10/13 10:31, Luke Martinez wrote:
> How about, we actually accept that less women enjoy doing I.T. than
> men and _that's_ why they're not in I.T.?

And do you happen to know what one of the main contributing factors is
to the reason why less women in Australia (and the US) enjoy doing IT?
Bad experiences with the way they're treated by teachers, employers and
co-workers.  A lot of women aren't interested in staying in a field
where they're not being made to feel welcome.  I don't think we should
"actually accept" that.

Cheers,
     Andrew

--