[Linux-aus] Disability Liaison Officer for LCA 2014 and other LA-assisted events

Bianca Gibson bianca.rachel.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 15:33:49 EST 2013

On 22 October 2013 10:12, Ian <ilox11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> An LA sub-committee of people with disability support/awareness experience
> could be an invaluable assist to an Organising Committee, LCA, PyCon or
> otherwise.

Specific people with expertise would be very helpful.
For example many don't realise wheel chair accessible is more than ramps
and elevators.
When I was briefly in a wheel chair I had problems with inadequate turning
room, fast closing elevator doors, elevator door sensors too high and
narrow doorways that required the perfect angle and dragging myself by the
door frame to get through.
I would not be surprised if there was more to other types of accessibility
than meets the untrained eye.

Cheers,
Bianca