[Linux-aus] grr

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Fri Oct 18 08:51:33 EST 2013

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013, Robyn Willison wrote:
> Once again where do Pensioners and Unemployed etc apply. According to
> your website we are Hobbyists and should be paying $399 to go.

Well if you had signed up instead of sending you email it would have only
cost you $299, but earlybird pricing just closed.

> It's damn rude, there are young and old pensioners who are contributers
> to this Linux Community.

and I think it is very nice of linux.conf.au to keep the "honours system"
for Hobbyist sign-ups. Allowing the poor, young, old and damn rude to all
get the same discount pricing without heavy-duty paperwork is great and I
hope it continues into the future.

--
Simon Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.