[Linux-aus] WordPress Melbourne Recording Equipment Grand

Aaron Rutley aaron at elevenmedia.com.au
Fri Oct 11 11:08:11 EST 2013

Date: 11 - October - 2013

Project Name: WordPress Melbourne Meetup Recording Equipment Grant

Aim of Project: Provide videos to the WordPress community

Person Responsible for Request: Aaron Rutley

Request: $X to purchase recording equipment on behalf of the group.

Hi Linux Australia,

On behalf of the organising committee of the WordPress Melbourne Meetup Group & WordCamp Melbourne organising committee, we would like to request funding / use some of the proceeds from WordCamp Melbourne 2013 to purchase recording equipment for our monthly meetups.

We've recorded a few of the meetups in the last 6 months:

http://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Melbourne/pages/Presentations/

http://www.youtube.com/user/wpmelb

We're requesting the funding for new recording equipment because:

We're hitting capacity at our monthly events (our meet up group now has over 900 members).

We've had significant interest from the Melbourne & greater WordPress community to be able to watch the event afterwards.

Our current web cam setup is very basic which has resulted in poor quality videos.

The recordings of the meetups and events will be published online (along with the slides) & we'll credit Linux Australia on the Meetup Page.

The equipment will be ‘owned’ by the community and managed by the organisers of the Melbourne WordPress meetup & made available to the group for other WordPress events.

We propose to purchase the following:
1. Camera ($549) : http://www.teds.com.au/jvc-everio-gz-e555
2. Microphone ($149) : http://www.teds.com.au/hahnel-uni-directional-microphone-for-dslr-video

3. Tripod : ($49) : http://www.teds.com.au/inca-i3590-tripod-monopod-combo

Total = $ 747.00

We're happy to purchase the equipment & provide a receipt for reimbursement.

Cheers,

Aaron, Anthony, Dee

Regards,
Aaron Rutley