[Linux-aus] declining nominations

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 17:23:52 EST 2013

As there seems to be no way to decline nominations in the current voting
system I thought it appropriate to do that here.

In order to concentrate on running PyCon in Brisbane over the next couple
of years I'm stepping back from a number of taxes on my time, including the
council.

Everyone on the council has been a pleasure to work with, and I thoroughly
recommend all the members standing for re-election. In terms of new
members, I fully support Chris's nomination.

Most of the downsides have been around managing people, which is difficult
for me as I'm not a people person.  Everyone in this community is a
volunteer, and I'd plead with people to think about the large amount of
time and angst that is spent on dealing with issues that blow up from time
to time. The issue of volunteers burning out by having to deal with such
issues is a real one, please think of the larger community,  not just your
own feelings. If you're thinking of responding to this particular
paragraph, please don't.

The positives for me this year have been working with the other members of
the council, being able to see the outcomes of our funding grants and
seeing the great number of people wanting to run conferences and workshops
on OSS across Australia.

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy