[Linux-aus] Candidate Statement: Christopher Neugebauer

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Nov 20 14:59:13 EST 2013

On 21/11/2013 00:53, Peter Lawler wrote:
> On 20/11/2013 3:38 AM, Noel Butler wrote:
>> LA should promote Linux and OSS, and not 98% of
>> pycon rubbish
>
> Silly me, I thought Python was a globally recognised Open Source
> Software project, driving many other FLOSS projects and some not so
> unknown closed projects.
>
> Care to fill me in on what I'm missing here?
>
> Pete.

Obviously you are, my point is, his "statement" fails to address wider
concerns, in particular

"I personally don't have a strong view on how LA can better engage with
the general public on issues the membership sees as important. "

Having a view on this should be a no brainer for one who wants to be
vice president.