[Linux-aus] Jackson's $150 hardware request

Peter Lawler linux-aus at bleeter.id.au
Sun Nov 17 01:57:42 EST 2013

On 16/11/2013 3:46 AM, Kathy Reid wrote:

> Jackson is one of the youngest active members of the Ubuntu community,
> and his hardware would allow more testing of distributions.
> $150 is very small in the scheme of things and I would see this as an
> investment in our future community.

Agree.

I don't know Jackson from a bar of soap, but from what I'm reading he
seems like the sort of bloke who is going to 'pay it forward' numerous
times.

Further, it may well be argued that younger people are precisely the
folks LA should consider financially supporting at the lower end of the
'market' as they will 'show FLOSS off' around schools and also typically
have low paying jobs (if any) until at least 18 if not 21 as well as
some having edumacational fees to meet, etc.

Dunno if Jackson is *that* young, but those are my feels.

Pete.