[Linux-aus] Candidate Statement: Christopher Neugebauer

Peter Lawler linux-aus at bleeter.id.au
Sun Nov 17 00:38:39 EST 2013

On 16/11/2013 1:49 AM, Chris Neugebauer wrote:
> I'm writing to announce my candidacy to be a Council Member of Linux Australia.

Never ceases to thrill me when someone puts themselves up for the public
humiliation process known as 'democracy'.

> If you have any questions about my candidacy, feel free to contact me,
> either on- or off-list.

Well, I have questions that still haven't been answered on ABC's Q&A (eg
Magnets: How do they work?). I feel it's important that LA seek to have
this fixed next year. What's your position on this as a method to raise
awareness of LA?*

Pete.

*Seriously, though. Your email talks about the great stuff you've done
with LA folks and the PyCon work you've done, but you've not talked
about looking outwards. Could you write a little about what you think
you could do for LA in raising general public awareness things about LA,
inc FLOSS etc.