[Linux-aus] Miniconf CFP: Multimedia and Music Miniconf

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at atrad.com.au
Sun Nov 3 18:12:53 EST 2013

LCA2014 Multimedia and Music miniconf Call for Papers

The LCA2014 Multimedia and Music miniconf is happening on the second day of
linux.conf.au 2014 (Tuesday 7 January).  Since we still have plenty of room
for presentations the Call for Papers for the Multimedia and Music miniconf
remains open.  We would love to hear from anyone who would like to share
their multimedia and music experiences and achievements on Open Source
platforms.

Possible topics could include:

 * the unveiling of a new piece of software

 * a demonstration showcasing multimedia content created on Open Source
   platforms

 * the construction of open hardware for multimedia and music creation

 * an exploration of content creation workflows with Open Source tools

 * the development of drivers to allow new or experimental hardware to be
   used on open platforms

The usual presentation lengths will be 20 minutes and 45 minutes, but other
lengths could be accommodated on request.  We also intend to hold lightning
talks.

To submit a proposal or if you have any questions, please email one of the
organisers (Jonathan Woithe: jwoithe at atrad.com.au, Silvia Pfeiffer:
silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com) with the title and a short abstract which
explains what you would like to present.  Submissions are particularly
encouraged from first-time presenters and from people in Perth who might not
normally have the resources to attend linux.conf.au.

Further information is available on the miniconf website:

  http://www.annodex.org/events/lca2014_mmm/

Jonathan Woithe and Silvia Pfeiffer
  LCA2014 Multimedia and Music Miniconf organisers