[Linux-aus] Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming" subcommittee

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Sat Mar 23 13:56:23 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Paul Parker <paul2471 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>    1. Request for creation of "Video Recording and Streaming"
>>       subcommittee (Tim Ansell)
>
> Support this excellent idea.
>
> Many unable to attend in person can benefit through observing from afar.
>
> Australia's NBN is about enabling people's ability to participate and
> receive services despite barrier of distance.

I do think we need to remember that video comes at a significant cost
(a bunch of people from the team who could be doing other things),
plus hardware costs. 2013 paid over $10,000 for video camera hire for
example.

So... I like video and streaming, but how do we fund it if it reduces
the attendance at the event?

Michael