[Linux-aus] what does the constitution say about advertising AGMs/elections?

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Fri Jan 25 22:10:59 EST 2013

On 25/01/13 18:24, David Newall wrote:
> Please vote against me if you want to keep the constitution unchanged.
> It's a big task that I'm proposing to undertake.  I spent between 50 and
> 100 hours decoding and understanding the changes that produced the
> terrible mess that we have now.  I want a mandate before I spend
> significant more time on it.

Hello David,

I haven't had a chance to read what you have decoded just yet but I
appreciate your input and effort. I think we should perhaps wait to see
the outcome of the election but as a member of Linux Australia if you
were to propose changes to address any deficiencies we might have I'm
sure whoever is on the council will consider them (even if you sadly are
not elected). Certainly the present council was considering seeking
legal advice about our constitution so hopefully this is something that
can happen regardless and if you have some amendment suggestions to
start with that would help the process.

Cheers,
Josh