[Linux-aus] [LCA2013-Chat] The "Crowd-Sourcing TBL" Fundraiser

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Feb 7 22:15:45 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 09:47:19PM +1100, Joshua Hesketh wrote:
> Yes these options are being discussed with the people and entities
> involved. It is quite complicated. At this point we are at the very
> least ensuring the Pia isn't personally out of pocket. We will continue
> to explore other avenues of reasoning but the bottom line is that
> contracts were signed.

Right. I wasn't suggesting to default, but to appeal to him as a human
being, which I'm hoping he is :)

If I ever asked that much money from a self funded conf without big pockets
and they came back to me and told me they came up short, and appealed to
me to reduce my fee in a way that I am still well off, I sure would give
the conf a break.
Putting it a different way, as an individual, I would look at him as a
bad human being if given the full situation, his reply was "though, you
signed, now you pay everything".

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/