[Linux-aus] The "Crowd-Sourcing TBL" Fundraiser

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Thu Feb 7 19:06:29 EST 2013

Hello AJ,

Thanks for the email, it's a good reminder of the balance that we need
to maintain as the council.

In this instance there was a certain amount of time pressure and as a
committee we were confident there would be all but unanimous support
from the community to proceed along the lines now outlined (see my other
email). Much of our discussion and delay was to ensure that we'd got all
the facts
(some of which are, I guess, sensitive/commercial in nature) were correct.

While I appreciate the thought of solving this on the public list I felt
that this it wouldn't be the most productive in this instance. Primarily
my platform is to enable members. Part of enabling our members is
ensuring that they are protected and covered. As such I feel that the
councils decision on this item is indeed enabling our members.

Cheers,
Josh