[Linux-aus] Internet censorship in Australia

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sat Dec 21 12:33:28 EST 2013

I think that Youtube is designed to be difficult to proxy and they play cat and mouse with the youtube-dl people (the version if youtube-dl in Debian/Stable almost never works).

There are some cheap virtual server offerings in the US which are even cheaper if you share with some friends. Run openvpn and you shouldn't have a problem.

As an aside Europe seems to have many of the same problems as Australia in regard to such things. I mention this because I use some Hetzner servers for other things but unfortunately can't use them for watching tv.
--
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with K-9 Mail.