[Linux-aus] Professionals Australia (formerly APESMA)

Lev Lafayette lev at levlafayette.com
Wed Dec 18 09:54:13 EST 2013

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, December 17, 2013 5:10 pm, Daniel Jitnah wrote:
>> I was a member for a few years. In some ways they were a good
>> combination
>
> Just wondering how long ago were you a member??

It was earlier this year I cancelled my membership.

> Note also that in "theory" they may be overlap between the role of such
> an organisation and ACS.

The ACS, as a "professional organisation" tends not to concern itself that
heavily with bread-and-butter issues. As far as I can tell, its emphasis
is not on awards and conditions, work and workplace standards, and I
suspect it is certainly not interested in becoming part of the ACTU.

> I would be keen in being involved in an IT workers "union" too.

Ah well. Now there's two of us. Trouble will be brewing soon. We should
talk on Saturday about this.

All the best,

--
Lev Lafayette, BA (Hons), GradCertTerAdEd (Murdoch), GradCertPM, MBA (Tech
Mngmnt) (Chifley)