[Linux-aus] [LACTTE] Sponsorship request

Linux Australia Secretary secretary at linux.org.au
Wed Dec 4 00:50:24 EST 2013

Dear Jackson,

As per our Grants policy, Council will usually consult with community on
large grant requests.
Given the small amount, we have made a decision to proceed without
consulting the community, as we do not believe there would be any
objections.

Receipt of grant application from JACKSON DOAK $205 for hardware
MOTION by Kathy Reid that LA approve grant request SECONDED by Clinton,
carried unanimously. Council notes Jackson's enthusiasm and the quick
approval of this grant request signals our support for his activities
and is meant as encouragement.

We'd also like to take this opportunity to say a huge 'well done' on
your efforts so far, and to please let us know if we can assist further.

Kind regards,
Kathy

On 2/12/2013 6:26 PM, Jackson Doak wrote:
> Date: 2/12/2013
>
> Project Name: Ubuntu PC Case Mod
>
> Aim of Project: To create a computer for testing and
> developing ubuntu, plus other FLOSS projects. The case is also to be
> used for advocacy purposes.
>
> Person Responsible for Request: Jackson Doak
>
> Request:
> An ASRock 970 EXTREME4 and an Antec VP-650P PSU. This is $203 dollars
> at Umart, including postage. Although any decent PSU or AM3
> motherboard is good enough.
> This is to power a number of VMs and folding at home

Kathy Reid
Secretary
Linux Australia

secretary at linux.org.au