[Linux-aus] LUV considering joining LA

Joshua Hesketh josh at nitrotech.org
Thu Aug 22 20:29:30 EST 2013

Hi everyone,

As you may be aware, over the last few years a number of Linux and
related user groups have become subcommittees of Linux Australia. This
arrangement offers a significant number of benefits to both parties;
Linux Australia is able to provide administrative and infrastructure
support such as banking, and hosting, allowing groups to concentrate on
their core activities - such as running Linux and open source events and
talks.

We'd like to take this opportunity to inform you that Linux Users'
Victoria is considering disincorporating from its current legal status,
and re-forming as a subcommittee of Linux Australia. LUV members will
vote on this motion at their AGM in Melbourne on 3rd September. LUV's
committee and LA's council have had some high level talks around this
and warmly welcome the move.

However, as a community we would like to ensure that there is adequate
opportunity to voice any comments, questions or feedback you may have.
Feedback may be sent publicly as a reply to this email, or privately to
council at linux.org.au. Please state if you would like your feedback to
remain anonymous and we will not disclose your identity.

With kind regards,
Joshua Hesketh
Lev Lafayett