[Linux-aus] Sydney's bid for LCA2014 and 2015

Tim Ansell mithro at mithis.com
Wed Sep 26 13:04:05 EST 2012

/me dons his flame proof suite.

Hello Linux Australia community,

You can find our bid document for LCA2014 and 2015 at
https://docs.google.com/a/mithis.com/file/d/0B5VlNZ_Rvdw6WVA2Y0phUHFtQ1E/edit

As mentioned in our forward;

Linux.conf.au (LCA) has a long history of being awesome, but historically
causing burnout of its organisers. This has jeopardised the long term
viability of the conference and this is evident in the fact that no one was
willing to bid for LCA2014. Something obviously needs to change. Many other
highly successful conferences run by Linux Australia, such as PyCon AU,
have not resulted in similar burnout. This bid tries to take onboard the
lessons learnt from these newer conferences while still preserving the
unique characteristics which make LCA enjoyable and worthwhile. We hope
this will lead to an immensely successful LCA with less organising effort
and giving LCA a long and vibrant future.

Thank you for your consideration.

Tim