[Linux-aus] Should we change? Yes. To change is to grow.

James Polley jamezpolley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 14:27:23 EST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Sarah Stokely <sarah at foxforcefive.com>wrote:

> I had hoped that LA and our friends at Open Australia might talk about
> joining forces, because I agree, that is the name we should have. :)
> Matthew from OA has spoken at LCA, and the aims of LA and OA are certainly
> sympathetic. Should this conversation maybe happen?

Although I think there are synergies, I don't know if a merger would make
sense.

One of OA's aims has always been to be neutral: they provide a means for
people to follow and respond to political issues, but they never ever take
sides.

LA is explicitly and advocacy organisation: we can, will, and have argue
for particular policies and laws. I don't think this is compatible with
OA's stance.