[Linux-aus] linux-aus Digest, Vol 61, Issue 23

Bianca Gibson bianca.rachel.gibson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:37:00 EST 2012

We are discussing our legal name because it has at some points caused
difficulty in fulfilling our values statement.
Here's an example:
As Chris has previously said, it has caused difficulty with pycon
sponsorships.
Our values statement says that "we aim to represent and assist the groups
and individuals who make up the Free Software and Open Source communities
in Australia." One of these communities is the Australian Python community.
Since our name has damaged our ability to assist the python community, it
has damaged our ability to fulfil our values statement. Anything that
substantially damages our ability to fulfil our values statement is worth
looking at.

Hopefully that makes our reasons a bit clearer :).