[Linux-aus] Should Linux Australia change its name?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 23 15:30:59 EST 2012

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012, Chris Neugebauer <chrisjrn at gmail.com> wrote:
> The suggestion I'm putting forward is to make "Linux Australia" a
> smaller part of an organisation that oversees many Open Technology
> issues.  This would mean that "Linux Australia" were about Linux, and
> would run alongside e.g. PyCon and Drupal Down Under, rather than
> _above_.

It seems that my suggestion for a SPI/Debian type relationship is getting some
support.

I think we should have some sort of referenda on the type of organisation
without regard to the new name.  A debate about names will just get in the way
of progress and it seems that most people here only care about the "Linux
Australia" name which under my proposal will continue to be used in the same
manner as before without any changes that people like my parents would notice.