[Linux-aus] Council Meeting Minutes 2011-10-13

Peter Lieverdink me at cafuego.net
Fri Oct 14 14:51:43 EST 2011

These minutes are also available at http://linux.org.au/meeting/2011-10-13

Thu, 2011-10-13 20:03 - 20:22

Present: Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink, Jamez Polley, Kelly Yeoh, Alice Boxhall.
Apologies: Joshua Hesketh, John Ferlito.

Agenda

LCA 2012 update
  Community Awards / RW? We should. Will we? Peter will ask John what's going on - maybe use website for nominations and votes
  Election
  Setup in MemberDB and good to go, will open on Nov 28.

LCA 2013 update
Team lead and treasurer have westpac IDs. Joshua or John will get them setup with an account.

Budget progress for new financial year (provisionally starting 1 October)
In progress.

Drupal Down Under 2012
Internode has come on board as bandwidth sponsor. Registrations and CFP are open! http://drupaldownunder.org/

Progress of policy discussion on linux-aus
  Donations
  In progress.

Media team / Advocacy
Check the media list. Kelly with talk to Arjen and Alice will ask Bianca is she's happy to go on there too.

Treasurer's report
John and Peter to sign the report.

Moving to Mediawiki
In progress, mainly working.

Non-Paypal payment gateways
In progress.

Code of Conduct
Alice and John have amended the CoC. One sentence needs some work; council to have a wrestle with it. Alice will mail the council.

Quote for new server hardware
In progress.

ZDNet says we'll talk about this: http://www.zdnet.com.au/linux-aus-may-have-a-case-on-win-8-accc-339323233.htm
Looking to get some more info from hardware vendors.

Face to Face
No sensible weekend where all are able to attend. Will verify via email how flexible availability is.