[Linux-aus] Grant request: AdaCamp sponsorship

Mary Gardiner mary at adainitiative.org
Tue Nov 8 17:04:00 EST 2011

Hi Linux Australia,

This is a grant request per http://www.linux.org.au/projects/grants

I would like to apply for a Linux Australia grant on behalf of the Ada
Initiative in order to partially cover costs for our event AdaCamp,
planned for January 14 in Melbourne just before LCA. I request a grant
to support AdaCamp at either the $500 or $1000 level as outlined in
the attached sponsorship prospectus.

AdaCamp is a one-day summit/unconference about increasing women’s
participation in open technology and culture with a regional focus on
Australia. AdaCamp will bring women together
to build community, discuss issues women have in common across open
technology and culture fields, and find ways to address them. In
particular, we hope to find out what common
contribute to them.

(If any women reading are interested in *attending* AdaCamp, please
see http://adainitiative.org/2011/10/ada-initiative-to-hold-first-adacamp-in-melbourne-australia/
).

In terms of grant conditions:

Be for the good of a project that relates to Linux or Open Source:
this project is intended to build community among and resources for
women in open technology and culture, which benefits Open Source and
similar communities.

Have some tangible result: the event being run is clearly a tangible
result. In addition, we will report on the outcomes of the camp both
on our blog and at the Haecksen miniconf a couple of days later.

Be submitted to linux-aus at linux.org.au: this mail fulfills this condition.

Must have specified milestones, and attempt to meet them: the major
milestone is the holding of the event. An earlier milestones is:
completing bookings and opening registrations, end of November.

Have open documentation procedures if possible: resources developed as
a result of the event will be Creative Commons Attribution Share-alike

Must credit LA with sponsorship on their website, with an appropriate
link: as per the attached prospectus LA will receive at least this
level of recognition.

-Mary