[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Values published

elliott-brennan elliottbrennan at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:44:04 EST 2011

> David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au>
> Sat, 14 May 2011 15:49:52 +0930
>
> Hmmm...
>
> It uses a font that was apparently downloaded from the Internet according to my Safari OS X. Yes, I'm on the dark side.
>
> IE 9 on Windows doesn't say anything about it (but then again, Windows has a tendency to ask one dumb questions whilst letting viruses do whatever they want).
>
> DSL
>
> On 13/05/2011, at 1:07 PM, Mike Carden wrote:

I was initially going to write: "David, WTF are
you talking about?"

:)

Then I had a quick read about Verdana. Very
interesting history for typography nuts.

I'm not saying I am one, though I did once send my
then Minister's correspondence unit manager an
e-mail  about Arial and questioning why it was
being used. Turned out that the 'new' Deputy
Director-General liked it and thus a standard was
born =))

So thanks, David, for an unexpected excursion into
all things Verdana :)

For anyone interested, Wikipedia and the
controversies it  links to are a good place to start.

Regards,

Patrick