[Linux-aus] Linux Australia Grant - phpConf.au

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon May 2 23:40:32 EST 2011

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:
> Was interesting till I saw and realised the majority of this grant
> request appears to be for $8K worth of booze (which is highly excessive
> for even several hundred people - buy stuff at 1st choice and self
> serve, be far cheaper, but that's another story)

That $8K of booze was separate to other sponsorship offers.  So one could
sponsor things other than booze if desired.  Presumably any sponsorship money
from LA wouldn't include binge-drinking expenses.

Also an offer of "a continuous serve of alcohol per person for three
hours for a flat fee rate of $8000" isn't so bad if there are more than 100
people attending.  If they are offering anything other than the cheapest beer
and mixed drinks then it's quite easy for one person to drink more than $80
worth in three hours at bar prices.