[Linux-aus] Some Anti-Harassment Policies considered harmful

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Jan 31 22:43:04 EST 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
> This is a bad example. There were several people, and not just women,
> getting quite annoyed at certain other people taking photos of them
> despite being asked to stop. Repeatedly asked to stop in some cases.

Do you think that we need a stronger policy or just more enforcement in this
regard?

http://www.autscape.org/experience/autisticneeds

The above URL has background information on the Autscape conference where
anyone who doesn't want to be photographed can wear a black circle to
demonstrate that fact (which would be useful for people who have difficulty in
asking others to stop).

So it's obvious that this issue doesn't just relate to LCA and doesn't just
relate to women.  It also seems clear that the policy is not too strict.

russell at coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog
http://doc.coker.com.au/           My Documents Blog