[Linux-aus] Do you have an LCA OLPC?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Jan 22 00:17:23 EST 2011

On 14 January 2011 17:45, Ben Sturmfels <ben at softwarefreedom.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Sridhar,
> I have an XO 1 that I purchased through the G1G1 program. I've never had
> much use for it though. I'd be willing to donate it if it could go to an
> Australian School. Would this be possible?
>
> (I'm still considering contriuting as a developer at some point, but I
> don't really need an XO for that.)

Hi Ben,

Apologies for the late reply.

We are no longer distributing XO-1 machines. In fact, we were the
first country to start deploying the XO-1.5s.

I think the XO-1s are best kept as developer machines. They can be
flashed with the same software (different kernel, otherwise it's
basically the same) as we run on the XO-1.5s:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/10.1.3#XO-1

This makes them fairly worthy for testing and developing activities
for Australian schools.

I am also organising a BoF:
http://conf.linux.org.au/wiki/BirdsOfAFeather#OLPCBoF

Feel free to drop by and ask any questions you may have. You may even
find an interested developer you may want to give your XO to.

Cheers,
Sridhar

--
Bring choice back to your computer.