[Linux-aus] Australian Government Desktop Standard mandates OOXML due to lack of input to the contrary

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Fri Jan 21 16:12:58 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 08:03, Daniel Black <daniel.subs at internode.on.net>wrote:

> It was also clear from a talk in December 2010 that there was an intent for
> multi vendor support.
> http://agimo.govspace.gov.au/files/2010/12/John-Sheridan-Press-Club-7-
> Dec-2010.pdf
>
> The final product came up short of this.

I don't think so, it just wasn't explicitly mentioned in the COE -- which
makes sense, considering. There's nothing in the document which would
exclude an operating system, unless it was geriatric or a toy.

(I've heard some people complaining about the requirement to support MPEG
video and audio, DVDs, etc... that seems like tilting at windmills to me.)

- Jeff