[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Australia support it?

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Sat Feb 26 09:50:53 EST 2011

On 25/02/2011, at 5:47 PM, Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Michael Davies <michael at the-davies.net> wrote:
>>> Speaking of which, I think it would be good to have the auction at next
>>> year's LCA benefit TAI.
>>
>> Or better yet, let's support TAI another way to the same magnitude, and NOT
>> have an auction at next year's LCA.
>
> So what would you suggest as good ways of supporting TAI?

There's a myriad of ways that could be adopted to raise funds for this worthy cause, without resorting to an auction at the conference dinner:  silent auction, raffle, opt-in for a "power pack" additional sponsorship at conference registration (offset your rego with "Ada credits" :-), run a dunk tank, whatever.

I'm sure the great team in Ballarat might be able to come up with something cool and innovative.

Michael...