[Linux-aus] The Ada Initiative - Should Linux Aus etc

Stephen Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Thu Feb 24 16:17:55 EST 2011

On 02/24/2011 02:37 PM, Kathy Reid wrote:

> If Council consulted on *every* grant or donation, it would simply be
> unworkable. The only gap I see is that guidelines don't exist for
> donations, which has been duly acknowledged, and something which I'm
> sure Council will remedy in time.

The current grants programme calls for the request to be sent to both
the LA list (ie - this list), and the council one, providing the council
a simple (and extremely workable) solution for getting consultation from
the community on the suitability of the grant request.

I'm sure a similar process may very well work for Donations, but that is
up to the council to decide.

Steve

* In the interests of keeping the list traffic sane, and reducing the
chance of someone invoking Godwin's Law (yes, you know who you are),
please reply off-list if you think what I've said above is a gross
inaccuracy.