[Linux-aus] OLPC Australia technical mailing list

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Sep 30 14:57:35 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 13:57 +1000, Mike Carden wrote:
> I don't recall how many were given away at LCA in Melbourne, but I'll
> wager that many of those are gathering dust. A request to the Linux
> Aus list may bear fruit.

100 were given away at LCA2008
7 were given to the seven team at LCA2007

and there are indeed others around the place...

It might be interesting to do a roll call to see where they are now.  I
know some got sent to New Zealand to the active OLPC testing groups in
Wellington and Auckland.

I somehow seem to have become custodian of 3 of them - which I trot out
at events such as SFD, LUV beginners workshops, & edtech shows and
conferences.

The screen on mine was damaged at some point, and Jiri Baum successfully
ordered a new screen and replaced and repaired it at one of our
beginners workshops.

- Donna

--
Donna Benjamin - Executive Director