[Linux-aus] CFP - LCA 2011 Systems Administration Miniconf

Ewen McNeill linux-aus at ewen.mcneill.gen.nz
Thu Sep 9 09:29:32 EST 2010

[Apologies to those who are seeing this on multiple lists.]

CFP - LCA 2011 Systems Administration Miniconf
http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/cfp11.html

As part of the linux.conf.au conference in Brisbane, Australia in
January 2011 (http://lca2011.linux.org.au/) we will be holding a one
day mini conference oriented to Linux Systems Administration.

The organisers of the Systems Administration Miniconf would like to
invite proposals for presentations to be delivered at the Miniconf.
Please forward this CFP to your colleagues and other relevant mailing lists.

This is our 5th year at Linux.conf.au.  To see presentations from our
previous years, see the miniconf website: http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/

Presentation Topics
-------------------

Topics for presentations could include (but are not limited to):

Systems Administration, Backups, Security, Troubleshooting, Buying
Decisions, Virtualisation and Cloud Computing, DevOps, Enterprise
Monitoring and Management, Identity Management, Web and Email
management, Wiki, Clustering and High Availability, Log Management,
Spam and Virus Filtering, VOIP, Ticketing systems, Bootstrapping and
automated installation, Configuration Management, packaging and
provisioning.

We strongly welcome topics on best practice, new developments in
systems administration and cutting edge techniques to better manage
Linux hosts and environments.

Presentations should be of a technical nature and speakers should
assume that members of the audience have at least a couple of years
experience in Unix/Linux administration.

Format of Presentations
-----------------------

We are now seeking proposals for presentations at the mini-conference.
We have openings for:

- 45 minute double-length presentations
- 20 minute full presentations
- 10-20 minute "How we do things" presentations
- 5-10 minute "lightning talks"

Please note, due to the single day available, we expect the
majority of available timeslots to be 20 minutes long or less.

The 10-20 minute "How we do things" presentations are intended for
people to talk about their sites. Information could include: Servers,
talks, tools, people and roles, experiences, software, operating
systems, monitoring, alerting, provisioning etc. The intent is to give
attendees a picture of what is happening in the "real world" and some
understanding of how other sites work, as well as offer you a chance to
get suggestions on other tools and practices that might help your site.

Submitting talks
----------------

Please note that in order to give a presentation or attend the miniconf
you must be signed up for the main linux.conf.au conference. Presenting
at the Miniconf does not entitle you to discounted or free registration
at the main conference nor priority with registration.  Unfortunately
the Miniconf has no budget for sponsorship of speakers.

Submissions should be made via:

http://sysadmin.miniconf.org/proposal11.html

Questions should be sent to:

lca2011 *at* sysadmin.miniconf.org

Dates and Deadlines
-------------------

To encourage early submissions priority (both of inclusion and
scheduling) will be given to presentations submitted before the
20th of September.

- 2010-09-20 - Deadline for early submissions
- 2010-10-01 - Deadline for submissions
- 2010-10-08 - Final programme confirmation
- 2011-01-24 - Start of conference

Contact and Questions

Please see our website at http://sysadmin.miniconf.org for more
information on the miniconf, past presentations and presenting at it.

If you have any questions please feel free to email the organisers at:

lca2011 *at* sysadmin.miniconf.org

Ewen McNeill and Simon Lyall
Conveners, LCA2011 Sysadmin Miniconf