[Linux-aus] lca2011 - Call for Papers is Open!

Marco Ostini marco at lca2011.linux.org.au
Thu Jul 15 02:24:15 EST 2010

The linux.conf.au 2011 organisers now welcome proposals of papers from
all areas of the open source community. linux.conf.au is a fun,
informal, seriously technical conference. In 2011 it will also cater
to a range of end users including those new to the open source
community.

"We're excited to be carrying on the proud tradition of linux.conf.au
in our home city of Brisbane." said Shaun Nykvist, director of
lca2011. "We're mindful of the important role that this conference
plays in the F/OSS community both here in Australia and
internationally. We are focussed on bringing knowledgeable and
exciting speakers, the latest and finest of Linux and F/OSS expertise,
and also a few innovations to Brisbane lca in January 2011." said
Nykvist.

The theme of this years conference is "follow the flow". The warm and
friendly river-side Brisbane will be hosting the best linux.conf.au
ever. What does the theme "follow the flow mean"? It is about the
growing movement of open source, whether its down at the kernel level
or over in libre graphics.

The call for papers will remain open until the 7th of August, 2010.

More information for those wanting to submit a paper is available at
the lca2011 website.

http://lca2011.linux.org.au/