[Linux-aus] Retiring as LinuxSA meeting organiser

Michael Davies michael at the-davies.net
Mon Jan 11 08:17:30 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Geoffrey D. Bennett <g at netcraft.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After running the LinuxSA group for almost 10 years now, I'm going to
> be retiring from my role as LinuxSA meeting organiser soon, to pursue
> other opportunities (ie. my evenings are going to get more full this
> year).  I'm happy to keep running the mailing list, but I need someone
> to take over organising and running the monthly meetings.
>
> Sooo... if you would like to see the LinuxSA meetings continue to
> happen, step up to the plate.  Your duties will include: finding
> interesting speakers, updating the meetings web page, sending out
> announcements, and running the meetings.  Training can be provided
> :-).
>
> I already have speakers lined up for Jan, Feb, and Mar this year, so
> you have a few months head-start.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Geoffrey D. Bennett, RHCE, RHCX               mailto:g at netcraft.com.au
> Senior Systems Engineer                          sip:g at netcraft.com.au
> NetCraft Australia Pty Ltd        http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/

Hi Geoffrey,

I'd like to give you a huge heart-felt thank you for all your efforts
in organising LinuxSA for the past decade, and for being "the face" of
Linux in Adelaide.  It's a huge, unrewarding position, far too often
gaining the criticism of others and not the accolades it deserves.
You have been faithful, consistent and generally awesome!

Looking back at the numerous installfests, being the back-bone of
LCA2004, serving on the LA committee, and of course everything
surrounding LinuxSA, especially including the monthly meeting
organisation - you've done a lot for the promotion of Linux and Open
Source in South Australia.  You _will_ certainly be missed - both for
what you did, and for the way you did it.  Thank you!

Michael...
--
Michael Davies           "Do what you think is interesting, do something that
michael at the-davies.net    you think is fun and worthwhile, because otherwise