[Linux-aus] DrupalDownunder as subcommittee

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Aug 19 09:08:22 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 17:52 +1200, Jeff & Sheree wrote:

> We're planning a National Drupal conference called DrupalDownunder.
> We're backing off LCA 2011 as per discussions with Shaun Nykvist —
> with Donna Benjamin being our liaison between both parties.

Yep - happy to help, liaise, spruik etc.

This year, immediately after LCA2010 in Wellington a couple of kiwis,
Bevan and Natasha organised Drupal South.  It was a great conference
brimming with Drupal goodness.  Unbeknownst to me, a small DrupalGang
organised a successful DrupalCamp in the shadow of LCA2008 in Melbourne.

When Jeff and Sheree put up their hands to build on this track record
with a Drupal event held near LCA, I was delighted.  I hope it becomes a
regular fixture as FOMS has done, and in fact that other events take the
opportunity afforded by the great geek gathering that is linux.conf.au
to continue to build our FOSStival of Australian free software.

Jeff and Sheree and the Brisbane DrupalDownunder team have my full and
enthusiastic support.

--
Software Freedom Day 2010                 http://sfd.org.au/melbourne
A world wide celebration of                 State Library of Victoria