[Linux-aus] [Fwd: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours]

Andrew Ruthven andrew at lca2010.org.nz
Thu Nov 5 06:26:16 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 00:13 +1030, Andrew Pam wrote:
> Steve Walsh wrote:
> > I'm assuming you'd like someone to look into this for you?
>
> I'm disappointed that a major geek conference has email problems -
> especially considering the usual outstanding work done by the LCA
> network admin teams - and hopeful that there might be someone on this
> list involved in organising the conference.  Just to clarify, the
> documented contact address listed on the LCA 2010 website
> <contact at lca2010.org.nz> isn't working either.

We had a transient email issue - the greylisting daemon on our mail
server crashed in the early hours of Wednesday morning (NZDT).  It was
restarted as part of our morning checks to make sure that everything is
okay.

Regards,

--
Andrew Ruthven
LCA2010 - Co-Director

PO Box 11-682    |          linux.conf.au 2010
Manners St       | Follow the signs. Visit Wellington!
Wellington 6142  |      http://www.lca2010.org.nz
NEW ZEALAND      |