[Linux-aus] Help in drafting a measured response.

Ron Skeoch skeoro at muli.com.au
Fri May 15 10:29:16 EST 2009

Hi all
We are in the process of implementing SBR (Standard Business reporting)
and having to deal with treasury office web sites eg.

http://www.sbr.gov.au/content/software_developers/SDK_components.htm

Now when I print using Firefox I get a blank page,
I n response to my request for the government Department to  rectify the
deficiency,
I got the following response :

> The Treasury IT Standard Operating Environment is to use Microsoft
> Internet Explorer version 6.0. I have tested the SBR Web Site with IE 6
> and it appears to work on our PC's.
>
> I have noticed that you appear to be using Mozilla Firefox.
> Could you please try the SBR Web Site again using Internet Explorer instead ?. If
> the web page printing works from IE then more than likely it is
> a problem with the configuration of Firefox on the PC's in your organisation.
>
> I can also confirm that I can print several of the randomly selected
> pages on the SBR Web Site from Internet Explorer 6.
>
> Regards,
> Edward

I understand that there is a Standard formatting command that causes this
Could enlightened people give me a detailed technical answer
that I can go back to Treasury with?

I want to follow the OPEN STANDARDS line
thank you in anticipation

--
Ron Skeoch
MD Muli Management P/L.

This email may contain confidential information which may
also be subject to legal professional privilege. If you
have received this email by mistake  any use, interference
with, disclosure or copying of this material is prohibited.
If you have received this by mistake, please let us know
immediately by return email then delete it and any
attachments from your system.