[Linux-aus] Things not to post to planet linux australia

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Mar 26 17:47:18 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 04:09:44PM +1030, Glen Turner wrote:
> Steven Hanley wrote:
>
> > If you think LA should do some work along those lines, step up and start
> > working on it.
>
> Um, the President of Linux Australia has just handed those promoting censorship
> a huge hug by characterising the ACMA Prohibited Content list as "child
> pornography". Not encouraging.

You are very much twisting my words and I am quite offended that you
would say that I'm supporting those promoting censorship.

The list contains child pornography.

Child pornography is not appropriate content for Planet Linux Australia.

> For the record, about half of the list of ACMA Prohibited Content appears
> to be OFLC Refused Classification material.  A few items look like they
> are G rated (especially the dentist!).  More worryingly, a fair bit of the
> list seems to be inspired by the work of anti-this or pro-that lobby groups.

Then let's discuss that.

There have been many articles appearing in the mainstream media
discussing problems with the list. Surely we can join that discussion.

--
Stewart Smith