[Linux-aus] Why Didn't You Vote?

Nigel Cunningham ncunningham at crca.org.au
Tue Jan 27 16:46:30 EST 2009

Hi.

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 15:21 +1100, James Purser wrote:
> This article does raise a valid point even though it seems to contain a
> kernel of snark:
>
> http://www.itwire.com/content/view/22871/1141/
>
> Why do we get low voter turnouts when we obviously have a much larger
> membership? If you didn't vote, I would like to hear why, no blame
> attached, just would be interesting to see the reasons.

Sorry, but I'm a non voter.

It's mainly because I'm one of those people who...

1) want to be a member to express support and _some_ interest, but am
not much more interested than that at the moment;
2) are happy with how LCA is being run and see any need to panic about
someone getting on the committee or not getting on it;
3) are too busy with other things;

Regards,

Nigel